- To magnify the name of Christ Jesus, who is the image of God the Father.
- To encourage people to hold tightly onto the promise of God in 2 Tim. 2:7 which says, "Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything." This is one of my most favorite verses in the Bible and I have to refer to if often while studying in seminary.
- To have a place to share my accumulated thinking and working through tough passages of the Bible for a possible, future congregation that God will give to my care one day. That is a scary thought! I know that my understanding of the Bible has led me to overcome and overturn many of my misunderstandings of passages, and I know there are many more to come.
- To share things that Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary is teaching me about life, the dryness and absolute necessity of academics, and the moisturizing effects of spending time with other saints.
- To share the incredible works of scholarship and thinking of other saints, past and present, that have added to my insight, zeal and love for Christ.
Sunday, May 13, 2012
The Point: Purpose of This Blog
Actually, I'm not totally sure why I am writing a blog. There are too many of them out there. Anyone can publish just about anything on the web. It's depressing to a degree (although I know much good comes from it as well). For some reason I feel drawn to do write it anyway. I think my own purpose for this blog is at least five-fold:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment