Tuesday, July 16, 2013

1 Simple Way to Succeed In Daily Bible Reading

This is an excerpt from an earlier blog post I published which was about five ways to help in your Bible reading. I think this one, for me personally, merits its own post for those looking for something very practical and can be immediately put to work, especially if you have a wandering mind.


If you want practical advice that you can implement immediately, go to www.youversion.com and you can listen to several translations for free. I downloaded the app for the iPhone and I can listen to the ESV there as I read along in my Bible. This helps keep my mind on track and I am able to get through my reading more successfully. Now, if you're introverted and reflective like I am, then you can meditate on verses after you've successfully completed your reading for the day. Keep a pad of paper next to you to jot down verses that are drawing you into reflection as you're reading and listening, and then return to those to any verses that grabbed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment